Pages

Dawn Pritchard Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, February 13, 2015

In the Zone: Art Journaling Collage with inspiration from Jane DavenportI

WOW! 3 posts in one week! This is a miracle for me and proof to you that I am BACK to being just me...I'm still The Inked Stamper...but I'm the happier 2.0 version! I love that I have time to create and just have fun again! I do not miss the bills, orders, stocking...and all the headaches! The store front I only miss because of all the great friends/customers!  Now I can just inspire you from home, on your computer, and we will have to meet up at other venues!
Those of you who knew me from the store, Courteney and I will be  working together on some new ventures, once we figure stuff out...we will announce it here!
For today, my post is from my Dylusions Art Journal. I made a collage based inspired by one of Jane Davenport beautiful girls in her book I recently purchased. The book is just full of pretty girls to draw inspiration from. 
Here is Jane's fabulous girl from the book that inspired me to play that day...I love ANYTHING with birds on it, so I was immediately drawn to this image.  I was not trying to copy her girl, but rather draw inspiration from her.  I'm still trying to find my own style...I'm thinking whimsical seems to be more me, and big eyes, I prefer my girls to have big eyes.  I think the girl I drew looks like a chubby Tinkerbell!  LOL! 
I'm not going to go through the whole process of what I did...I was literally in the zone and 5 hours went by, so I can't remember 90% anyways.  I know I started off by collage Tim Holtz tissue and some napkins, drew my girl, painted my girl with many different brands of paint, paint pens, gelatoes, prisma pencils, white sharpie, big brush pens everything but the kitchen sink is on this girl! LOL! I painted Prima Sprays for my background I think! LOL! Stencil, doodle, Irresitable drops...again, a load of products! 
I hope it inspires you to get lost in your zone today too.
Thanks for stopping by

Photobucket

No comments: