Pages

Dawn Pritchard Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tags...glorious TAGS

You still have time to jump in on some great FULL WEEKEND Crops at the EARLY BIRD rate! Click HERE for details



Hi All and Happy Easter!
I had a lot of funny doing some quick 5 min demo tags yesterday at the shop. It's no secret I LOVE tags! In 5 min, you're an instant artist. People always ask me what I do with them,  I USE them.  I make them into bookmark (buy a friend a book, add a homemade tag to personalize the gift); I use them as gift tags, attach them to cards and layouts.  When I demo a lot of the same ones, I end up selling them in the shop for $1.50. 
I finally got to play with the NEW Tim Holtz Distress PAINT and Dylusions Couture Collection ; and OMG they are AMAZING....paints and stamps! The stamps are not polymer, they're SILICONE! Which means they won't go brittle overtime, and the quality is AMAZING while at a VERY affordable price! The Distress Paints have the same great colours as his inks, but unlike the inks, they are PERMEANT once they're dry!  They are so easy to work with, I love how he does that...he makes his products SO user friendly! I was over joyed at how the tags turned out! So BRIGHT and VIBRANT! And the Gellyroll Pens write on top of the paints like a dream to just finish the tags off perfectly!
The bottom tag was made with Panpastels; another medium I'm loving lately! Again, easy to use, and vibrant. You can vary the intensity by how much pastel you put on your applicator. They work amazing through a stencil as well...for those of you who do not like to get inky, Panpastels are perfect for you! I finished the tag off by using a pipette to suck up some gorgeous Heidi Swap Spray to make some fabulous drippage  down the tag.  And of course I used my Gellyroll to highlight everything..that goes without saying! 

Photobucket

No comments: