Pages

Dawn Pritchard Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Rock n' Roll

(Click to make larger)

 This is of my niece rockin' out at her Auntie Kim's house a few summers ago playing Rock Band.  She is totally channelling her inner Rock Star!  The journaling/title is from the Kiss lyrics God gave Rock n' Roll to you, which I so forgot was from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure! Apparently that movie is really stuck in my head! (I did a layout about a month ago with B & T )
Except for the two Imaginisce pink flowers, I made all the other ones.  I particularly like the hot pink foil ones.  The pictures do them no justice!  They are made from of sheet of thick, super shiny foil, I punch them out with two different size scallop punches (FYI this is GREAT to sharpen your punches), I flipped them over and scored with a ruler and bone folder tip from every valley in the scallop to the center; then with one I used the 1/16th hand held punch to punch out the holes, and the other I used the eyelet setter on the Crop a dile to dry emboss the circles.
I worked with new IRock Tool from Imaginisce on this one as well, BUT I'm thinking trying out a new tool at midnight..not so wise.  I can see the potential in this tool, but round 1, did not go down too well! LOL!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Candace said...

I was privledged to see it in person and it is gorgeous!!! The foil flowers are drool worthy, great job Dawn!

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

HIlarious! I was on your blog checking out your post when you left your comment on mine:) Great minds think alike! Miss you! Your past two pages are absolutely AMAZING!