Pages

Dawn Pritchard Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Window Sheet Flower Tutorial

Hi Everyone
As promised, here is a tutorial on window sheet clear flowers I made last week on this card.  I decided while I was making the flower for the tutorial today, that I may as well make another project to go with it.  So today's LO is made with the same paper as yesterdays, Nursery Suite Specialty.  And again, NOT a baby in sight!  This paper is just fun! I love the shapes!!  I am also tag teaming up this post with a challenge over at Stampin Royalty; it's a picture inspiration today. The picture is full of banners, so that is where my inspiration came from to make the 'jaimie" banner.  I attached the wee banner down with tooth picks! How fun is that!  The cover of a scrapbook magazine I got this month had tooth picks holding on the square title, and I thought how fun, banked the idea until I had something to do with it!  I made the banner with the scallop square punch and the 1 1/4" square, folded in half around the tooth pick.  The big wavy trim is from the new XL Tasteful Trim Die in the Holiday Mini, I cut it with Early Espresso C/S.  Did you see the bird? I added a little peak on his head to make him look like a blue jay; this is just the tip of the wing attached to the back of his head. Lastly, if you look closely, I alternated the sticky back Rhinestones & Pearls around the circle.
OK onto the tutorial:
I used 2 Fancy Flower XL, and 1 1/4 " circle punch outs from the Widnow Sheets Medium thickness. Plus a 1" circle of C/S to cover the brad.  You will also need one brad, heat tool, and tweezer or scissors.

Layer your two flowers, stagger the petals; put the clear circle on top of them,  and then the C/S, punch hole with crop a dile and place brad in center.* WARNING* for this one I used a square brad; it melted! But the circle ones on the card did not! So you may want to put a cheap brad in to start, then change it out.

Hold your flower with scissors or tweezers as it gets SUPER hot once you turn the heat gun on.

Next, hold you heat gun in the center and let it all melt. You can move it around the sides to encourage it to melt where you want.  Don't bother from the back though as the plastic moves towards the heat, it will just warp it the wrong way! So top & sides only.  Takes a few minutes to melt, be patient!
Try different shape punches; it looks good with nesting circles as well!
Have fun!!! Happy Scrappin'! I'd love to see what you've made with this tutorial! Please live a link in the comments section for all to go over and see!!
Thanks for stopping by
Dawn
Like my Scrappin' Style? Check out my SU! Club Planners HERE! Let me plan your SU! Scrappin' Classes for as little as $3.50 Cnd/month

7 comments:

Jenn Picard said...

Dawn,
Sooo cute! Love the circle page and the whole layout is fantastic. Graet idea to use the tooth picks!

Thanks for playing at Stampin' Royalty this week.

Hands On said...

Super sweet! Love how you turned your bird into a blue jay and your colour combo is fantastic! Thanks for playing with Stampin' Royalty.

Shanda Stirk said...

Your design is really pretty and I love how you made Jaimie's name with the little banners. Thanks also for that great tutorial. Thanks for sharing it with us at Stampin' Royalty.

Sabriena Satchwell said...

LOVE this layout! I cannot wait to try the window sheet flowers. :-) How was your trip to Vancouver?

Add Ink and Stamp said...

The window sheet flowers are so awesome! What a great way to use window sheets! Love it.

Unknown said...

Thos are pretty cool flowers! I love the doily (sp?) look on your layout!

Thanks for linking up to Scraptastic Saturday!

Hannah @ http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/

Stamping and Scrapping with Amy said...

Hi Dawn,
The two nursery suite pages were great!! What did you use to create the scallop border and the interior designs?
Thanks for sharing!
Amy