Pages

Dawn Pritchard Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

No ink pads? No problem, how about some FREE markers?


Hi Everyone
Hope you all had a great long week end: Canada Day & 4th of July for you Americans!  We had a nice Canada Day week end; we went up camping to my parents & sister's lake lots.  My brother and his family came up so we were all there: 8 adults, 7 kids, 5 dogs, & 2 cats! LOL! Only some of the cats come camping, between the 4 families, 6 cats stayed home. We're an animal loving bunch!  We tented it this week end, but next week end, fingers crossed we'll be in our new to us, trailer! Wahoo, hub's is test driving his pick-up truck tonight...notice I say his; he already has his heart set on one we scoped out last night.
Anyways...onto the card; I'm off to go test drive the truck too!
Ok today's card is made with the awesome new In Color Markers; as I'm offering them up for FREE with all on-line orders over $100(pre s/h & tax); thought I better show you WHY you want them!  Well I used NO ink pads to make this gorgeous card; only markers.  I used a technique called "thumping".  First I colored the stem of the hydrangea from the Because I Care Hostess level 1 stamp set with the marker PEAR PIZZAZZ; next I colored the flower with the marker BLUSHING BRIDE ; them I took the ROSE RED marker which is not an in-color, but is the dynamic duo to blushing bride. ( Zoom in on the picture to see the card from the new Color coach!)  With the rose red, I colored around the edges and gently thumped down in random spots around the flower.  Next you need to re-moisten the stamp by "huffing" on it; not blowing, but warm huffing breaths on it. A little tip: do not use the end or tip of you marker, instead use th side edge.  Thsi way you will not blunt your marker.Next you just stamp it down! I'm going to go buy a tripod for my video camera and attempt to do a tutorial on this technique. I did the same thing with the greeting but I also used Early Espresso marker.  Check back soon!

All the colors on the card were picked with the amazing new color coach, I just love this thing! The front of the card is a the Color you choose; in my case Blushing Bride; flip to the back (in picture) and it has 2 color combo's for you plus and dynamic duo if possible! This thing is awesome for the color challenged folks like me!
Any hoo, I'm late for the test drive!
See you and thanks for stopping by
Dawn

1 comment:

MBC Scrapbooking said...

I love the hydreangea! Interesting technique of stamping:)