Pages

Dawn Pritchard Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Photo Clip Wall Hanging

Hi Everyone
Well today I thought I would take some time to make something traditionally and not digital.  I know I've been doing a lot of digital lately, and that would be because I've just been sooo busy.  June is the end of school for the twins plus SU! end of year, which means I've been busy with sales.  
Today's craft was completely scrap lifted from HERE; I saw this and just loved it, so I thought I would make one.  First I took one of those Ikea Framed Mirrors, it's 10x10 with about a 3x3 mirror in the center.  I decorated it with the new Presto Paper from the mini.   It is white paper with clear patterns on it, you ink the paper up and PRESTO the pattern appears.  So for mine, I used my brayer  with Melon Mambo and rubbed it with a tissue to remove the ink off the pattern to make it pop more. The B&W paper is from Night and Day(retired but still on MDS); I attached with mod podge.  Next I spritzed Vanilla Shimmer Smooth from the mini all over.  I put down sticky strip for the Black Satin Ribbon; satin ribbon is my fav, it is soo easy to tie a nice bow or knot with!  I tied a bow, and pierced a hole with the crop-a-dile and place a rhinestone brad inside.  Next I used the Big Shot with  the #2 Circle Die (fav!) to cut the circles for my flower; I used faux leather and tulle, layered it and held it together with a rhinestone brad; then I used my Heat Tool to distress the tulle.  I spritzed that with the Vanilla Smootch before I hot glued it down as well as the bull dog clip.
I think this would make a cute grouping on the wall if you did 3 or 4 of them to match; or even a cute "to do list". 
Hope your inspired and thanks for stopping by
Dawn

1 comment:

Candace said...

gorgeous Dawn!!! love that flower!!! You rock chickie!