Pages

Dawn Pritchard Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Frosting a cake...with GLUE!




HI Everyone
As promised, here are the pictures of some of the projects my Groups (clubs) did this past week-end. The top card is a Frosting Technique done with Tombow Glue, white embossing powder, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter & the Heat tool. It is so much fun to do and adds an unexpected texture to your card. The technique was featured in last months Stampin' Success, which is a magazine SU! demo's receive monthly. I was lucky enough to learn this technique months ago by the inventor herself at the Cloud 9 demonstrators meeting I attend monthly. The layout is from the blog Mojo Monday. So now you know some of my little secrets...I do not design everything myself! So if that is all that is stopping you from being a SU! demo, what are YOU waiting for?
Are you a stay home Mom whose maternity leave is ending soon, or how about a working Mom who pays almost as much for your childcare as you get paid, or maybe you just bought a new house and are looking for a bit of extra income to start some reno's....being an SU! demonstrator can help with that! I am a stay home Mom; my 2 boys are in kindergarten half days, I spend time with them in the mornings on "Mommy Duties", drop them off at school, and I get to spend a few hours doing Demo Duties...making cards, scrapping or prepping for a workshop. Then the bus drops the boys off and I'm on "Mommy Duty" again. No child care, just me, so my pay check is ALL ours! I work my classes and workshops around MY families schedules, not the other way around! If this sounds appealing to you, come on over to my house on Tuesday January 26 where you can learn more plus make some darn cute accessories! Check out 2 posts down for details. Or if this time is not good for you, lets meet for coffee...OR if you don't live by me, drop me a line and I'll call you to have a chat.
Back to the projects:
The Scrapbook Page is the page my girls did at my Monthly Group this month; click on it to make it larger to see all the little details on it. The hearts are all covered with Crystal Effects to make them poof off the page; the chocolate stripe is wheeled and scrapped with the Cutting kit, the DSP is from the Sweet Pea collection, the chipboard is cut out with the Heart & Brackets die from the Big Shot then textured with the new Polka Dot folder from the mini, the gorgeous stamped images are from Love Bandit(mini) which is where I stole the title from, and the letters are from the Jumble Alphabet set; they also used 2 of the awesome new punches from the mini:The Scallop Trim Border which is FREE with a $65 purchase, and the Small Heart punch.
The 3 Adorable Animal Crackers cards are for an up coming private class for Koren and her friends. They are going to be making 4 cards each of the 3 designs, plus they get to keep the Animal Cracker set! If you would like to book this class for your friends, contact me today, or if you have theme in mind, no problem, I can design a new class for YOU!
Thanks for stopping by, comments are always appreciated! :)
Dawn

1 comment:

Candace said...

hey chickie, glad you like the flowers. I am on deadline from now til Wednesday, sorry can't make your class ;( but I will for sure teach you how to make the other flowers soon!